Did you know that the first Tweet from space was made back in January 2010 by NASA astronaut T.J. Creamer?
Fast forward to 2012 and Twitter is approaching its 6th birthday this June. And yet, I still get asked, “What’s this Twitter thing?” and “What can I use Twitter for?”. Luckily, there are tons of resources on the internet you can learn more about Twitter. But for some reason or the other, the benefits of using Twitter for business remains unclear to some.
It’s a cheap and effective platform to promote your business on and to build a following. The one nagging thing about Twitter is you have to stick with it and update it on a consistent basis to reap the rewards from it.
Nevertheless, the list you’ll find below will give you a basic idea of how you can utilise Twitter for your high-tech company.
- Company announcements
- Strike up a conversation
- Ask for feedback on new designs, ideas & products
- Retweet useful stuff others are posting
- Organize events via Twitter
- and promote your events
- Follow industry news
- Listen to opinions
- Customer support
- Answer questions related to your sector
- Increase brand awareness
- Ask questions on specific topics
- Stay on top of the competition
- Follow the influencers of your industry
- and connect with them
- Build a network and following
- Promote your blog posts
- Tweet about a conference, seminar or trade show you’re attending
- Maintain and improve public relations
- Build your email marketing list
- Follow the trends in your industry
- Promote other networks you’re a member of e.g. Google+, LinkedIn, Biznik, etc.
Did you spot something missing from the list? How do you use Twitter for business – and what results have you seen from your efforts?
Let us know in the comments.