With 161 million members spanning over 200 countries – LinkedIn is the world’s largest network for professionals. Needless to say, knowing your way around the social network can help do wonders for your career and business.
For some, LinkedIn is used as an online Rolodex for their network. While others use it to its fullest by using it for recruiting, sales and prospecting. And yet there’s still more to LinkedIn that meets the eye.
Besides the obvious of showcasing your resume to potential employers. LinkedIn has numerous other ways for you and your business to leverage its large coverage.
1. Join groups related to your industry and network with its members
2. Link Twitter with your LinkedIn account
3. Share useful articles with your groups and connections
4. Ask for feedback in groups
5. Start a discussion on a relevant topic in your industry
6. Prospect for potential partnerships
7. Use the search feature on LinkedIn to reach out to potential customers
8. Search for your next employee by filtering results by location, job title & company
9. Research prospects before meeting them and find something in common you can discuss
10. Upgrade membership and use InMail to contact prospects outside your network
11. Use your connections and ask for introductions to others you want to connect with
12. See who in your network would benefit from know each other and introduce them
13. Use polls and surveys to conduct market research
14. Show your expertise by answering questions in Questions and Answers
15. Upload a presentation of your company using the SlideShare widget
16. Use the status update to showcase your products and examples of your work
17. Start a group around your business, product or industry
18. Reach out to happy customers and ask for recommendations
19. Find experts in your industry and ask them to guest post for your blog
20. Integrate your blog feed into your profile
21. Set up a Company Page for our business
22. Post job vacancies to let people know you’re looking for talented individuals
23. Keep in touch with your connections and congratulate them on promotions or title changes
24. Set up LinkedIn messages to be delivered to your email so you can reply immediately
Just like with blogging and social media marketing – you need to keep the effort going consistently in order to get results. Logging into LinkedIn once a month won’t do the trick. Instead of stretching yourself thin and being on every network available – maintain a presence on the networks that you feel will deliver the most to you.