You’ve invited your friends and family to like your Facebook Page, and it’s gathered close to a 100 likes. But something doesn’t give, and your status updates appear to fly them by without any reaction. It’s quite discouraging when your business is involved. But don’t take it personally – maybe they’re just not into what your business has to say at the moment.
Facebook is the world’s largest social network online with over 1 billion monthly active users. And with 80% of social media users prefering to connect with brands on Facebook – the social network is an attractive destination for businesses to reach their target market.
But with a Brand Page proving to be ineffective in engaging your fans. Something needs to change. Especially if you want to get more out of your Facebook presence and make it worth your while.
So what can you do to change your fortune? Follow these tips I originally posted at Cuutio and you will see more likes and shares coming your way:
- Shorter status updates – 27% increase in engagement by keeping your Facebook posts under 80 characters
- Diversify your posts – 52% of consumers stopped following a brand on Facebook because the information it posted had become “too repetitive and boring”
- Use the fill in the blank status update – A Fantastic way to find out more about your fans and how they use your products, e.g. “I use Facebook to ______”
- Ask question – Ask an open ended question at the end of your status update and watch the comments flood in
- Post regularly – Because how else are you going to stay top of mind?
Want to discover more? Check out the full post at Five Tips To Revitalizing Your Facebook Business Page For Better Engagement
Photo by Johan Larsson